Kale, Spice and Everything Nice!
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
6 cups chopped kale, de-stemmed
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup hot sauce of your choice (recommended: Frank’s Red Hot)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium sized pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 cup of quinoa. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
2. Take a large salad bowl and add the kale, red onion, black beans and corn.
3. Once the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the bowl.
4. Prepare the dressing by simply adding all the ingredients (no specific order).
5. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!
Stays fresh in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
You can choose to replace the quinoa with rice if you prefer. You can also add any additional veggies you like (bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, etc.).